Second Monday of the month at 7:00 pm
Need to See a Public Record?
POLICY AND PROCEDURE FOR THE PUBLIC INSPECTION AND COPYING OF PUBLIC RECORDS
1. This policy shall cover Emerson Township all township officials.
2. Requests for public inspection and copying of public records may be made verbally and/or in writing.
3. Said requests may be directed to the township official and/or authorized individual responsible for said public records.
4. Any requests made pursuant to Michigan's Freedom of Information Act, shall be made to the FOIA coordinator and shall be subject to the statutory requirements of FOIA.
5. If verbal request is made, the responding township official and/or authorized individual shall prepare a checklist of items/records requested to be copied and/or inspected. Said listing shall be presented to the requesting party on the date set for inspection or copying.
6. The responding township official and/or authorized individual may require the requesting party to counter sign the check list to indicate compliance with the verbal request.
7. The responding township official and/or authorized individual shall be responsible for the production of the requested copies.
8. The requesting party shall be billed for the copies and preparation time, if applicable, pursuant to the schedule of charges established.
9. If the request is for inspection of public record, the responding township official and/or authorized individual shall respond in a timely manner, not to exceed five business days, from the date of said request. Said response shall indicate the date, time and place when said public inspection of the requested public records shall
10. The establishment of the date and time of the public inspection of the requested public records shall be in the discretion of the responding township official/and or authorized individual. The place designated for the requested inspection shall be the township hall or other facility as established by the responding township official.
11. The responding township official and/or authorized individual shall allow such inspection between the hours of 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
12. Public documents subject to other federal and state statues regarding confidentially shall be redacted or withheld as required. Examples of items to be excluded include but are not limited to medical records and social security numbers.